UANYC Tour of the 9/11 Memorial
Join us for a special tour exclusively for UANYC members.
|DATE||Sunday, October 21, 2012
|Corner of Albany & Washington Streets,
near the World Center Hotel/Club Quarters
The Greater New York Chapter is taking an opportunity to experience one of the most memorable moments in American history with a group tour of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. The 9/11 Memorial was was dedicated on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, to remember and honor the thousands of innocent men, women, and children murdered by terrorists in the horrific attacks of February 26, 1993 and September 11, 2001.
Alabama graduate Sarah Lippman, who serves as Communications Manager for the 9/11 Memorial, has coordinated a special tour for UANYC members on Sunday, October 21 from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Chapter members interested in the tour should RSVP by NOON on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18 with their name and e-mail address to the right ========>
The UANYC group will meet at 12:15 p.m. on the corner of Albany and Washington Streets, near the World Center Hotel/Club Quarters.
Admission to the 9/11 Memorial is free. Donations to support and maintain the 9/11 Memorial are appreciated. Donations can be made here or on site at the Memorial. All donations are tax deductible.
A tour of the Memorial generally takes about 45 minutes, including time to clear security and enter the Memorial. Visitors are welcome to stay for as long or as little as they prefer.
- Please be reminded that the 9/11 Memorial is a place of remembrance and quiet reflection. We ask that all visitors respect this place made sacred through tragic loss.
- All visitors and baggage will go through security screening before entering the Memorial.
- Please limit the items that you bring with you. No baggage larger than 8”x17”x19” will be permitted, and bag storage is not available.
- Public restrooms are not available on the Memorial or in surrounding hotels. The closest public restrooms are located in Wagner Park or Battery Park. Please plan your visit accordingly.
- Visitor passes are single entry and do not allow for reentry if you leave.
For more information, contact Sarah at 212-324-6536 or firstname.lastname@example.org.