Tips to Enjoying The UANYC Football Game Watch Experience
By Scottie Rodgers
NOTE: This post originated August 28, 2012, but still contains pertinent information as you prepare for the 2013 college football season with UANYC.
The 2013 college football season is here! If you are going to be joining UANYC for a football game watch party in the Big Apple this season, here are some tips to remember:
- Game captains will greet you upon your arrival at any of the bars we use for our football game watch parties. Our game captains will be on
hand to welcome you and offer any guidance to help make sure your game
watch experience is the best it can be.
- Table reservations are accepted NO EARLIER than the Sunday prior to each week's games. To reserve a table, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests from dues-paying chapter members and those received by Wednesday each week are given priority for table reservations. In your request, provide the number of guests (minimum of four), preferred location, cell phone number and the name you would like on the reservation. We will do our best to accommodate everyone with dues-paying chapter members given priority.
- Confirmation e-mails for table reservations will be sent on Fridays so make sure to check your e-mail prior to the game to make sure you received a response to your request.
- Reserved tables must be claimed at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the game. Should you need to cancel your reservation, please do so as soon as possible by calling the bar or sending an email to email@example.com so your table can go to another Alabama fan. No-shows may result in a loss of priority for future reservation requests.
- Suggested arrival time for our football game watch parties is around 30 minutes before the start of the game. This will ensure you and your friends get settled at your table and get some food and beverages ordered before kickoff.
- If you do NOT have a table reservation, don't worry. A limited number of tables and the bar area will be available for open seating. You may want to arrive earlier than 30 minutes prior to kickoff (suggested time is 60 minutes prior) to claim any open seats because these spots tend to fill up quickly.
- To our game watch regulars, please take the time to get to know the visiting Alabama fans who may be attending a UANYC event for the first time. Let's show them some good ol' southern hospitality, Big Apple-style, to make sure they have a great game watch experience.
- UANYC t-shirts ($20 for short sleeve, $30 for long sleeve) and koozies ($5) will be available for purchase so bring a little extra $$$ so you can take home a piece of the chapter.
- If you are interested in serving as a game captain, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, e-mail address, cell number and indicate the game (or games if you want to volunteer for more than one game) you are interested in serving as a game captain. Someone from the chapter leadership team will follow up with more details and answer any questions you may have.
Now that you have our game watch game plan, we hope you join us for some Alabama football this fall. Roll Tide!